Friday, August 23, 2013

Graduation!

Last Thursday and Friday was Graduation! It was an eventful few days and so good to spend it with family. Thursday was commencement. I celebrated with a scrumptious mint brownie before the festivities began. Besides waiting in the hot sun before doing the processional, it was a wonderful occasion. Elder Rasband spoke, and we were all fans of him. He was very personal and sincere and inspiring. Chris was working, unfortunately in Park City, but we met him at Carrabba's for dinner. It actually worked out pretty well because he got a table for us. Jamir was also walking, so Chris' parents were in town for the occasion. We went to dinner with them, Amy and Jamir, us, and my parents. The food was delicious! Yum yum.



We spent that night in Provo in a hotel room my parents had gotten. Thank goodness because we had to wake up early for my 8am convocation. My parents gave me a too generous gift of an iPhone for graduating. They sure do spoil me, but I'm excited about my new toy. :)

I had the opportunity to speak at the School of Education's convocation on Friday. I was nervous about it and the fact that I was quite pregnant. But I made it through fine, minus some technical microphone difficulties. It was a nice opportunity to reflect and put into words some of my experiences and things I have learned during my BYU experience. I think because of the nerves, it didn't really hit me I was actually graduating until about the end of the ceremony. Walking across stage was great and sitting down listening to the ending remarks, I realized I was really done! I'm so grateful for the amazing experience of attending BYU. I'm grateful for the countless things I have learned and the person I have become. Thank you BYU!





 cute pic (minus the thumb)
fabulous Rachel in all of her beautiful leis


(Chris really did graduate in December of 2011
but since he never walked his mom wanted
a picture of Jamir and him in robes so he
borrowed mine for a few pictures)
Such handsome men :)


we thought we better show off the belly to
 prove to our son that I was very pregnant with him
haha. we're so funny
For lunch, we headed to Firehouse Subs and thought of our sweet Parker Jay. It was there, right before dropping Park off to the MTC, that I announced we were having a baby. It has been an eventful six months since then. Those sandwiches are just so delicious. I think that brisket is just about the best thing ever. It was a lovely day.

Firehouse first-timer

It is weird to not be going back to school this fall. This is my first time ever not doing so. But, I'm excited for a new type of schooling, namely having and taking care of a child. So now that I'm all graduated, we are pretty much ready for this boy to make his appearance any time now.

No comments:

Post a Comment