Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Baby Corner Prep

We are now counting down days! What?! 29 days until our due date. I am 36 weeks tomorrow. We're getting very excited to welcome our baby boy into our family.

So, of course we have been getting ready. We only have one bedroom, so we have designated a corner for the baby in our large living room. I few weeks ago, we bought a dresser at a garage sale and decided to spruce it up with some paint. Choco of course made it a work of art. It is cute, and the corner is coming together. Of course the dresser took longer than anticipated and we ran into a few bumps along the road, but the final product is just adorable if I do say so myself.

we found these lamps at a garage sale so
decided to spray paint them too
round one
lamps and frames
turns out I'm not so great at not getting
paint on me. I had blue toenails for a
couple of days.  oops
of course, we should have sanded in the first
place but didn't. so we got to scrape of round one
and sand and then try again. you live and learn.

after re-painting the blue area for the tree,
Choco drew the outline for the tree in
newspaper, cute it out, and taped it on.
quite the laborious process. 
newspaper tree taped on, we
painted the whole dresser our
key lime green
after removing the tape and newspaper.
Unfortunately, Choco's beautiful tree got a little less detailed when he cut it out, and when he taped it, so it wasn't exactly what we had been imagining. But, with a little extra touch-up work he got it to look better. He even added yellow and gray leaves to tie in those colors. Finished product:


our baby corner

1 comment:

  1. This is so cute! I love the baby corner :) I want to come see it in person! Next time i'm in Utah I am making it a priority to stop and see you! Can't wait for baby to get here!! Love you, Mare!

    ReplyDelete