Thursday, December 5, 2013

Thanksgiving 2013

Oh the wonderful holiday of Thanksgiving. This was my first year away from my family for Thanksgiving. I missed what I was used to, but also enjoyed just being together with our little family on this wonderful holiday. We have much to be grateful for. 

For FHE a few weeks before the event, we decided to make hand turkeys and list what we are thankful for this year. We helped Oliver with his list :) High on the list was milk for him and of course his parents. We're not biased at all. 


We loved wearing the Gobble shirt from Grandma Jan. So cute! Love our little turkey.

On the actual day of Thanksgiving, Oliver and I continued the tradition of the Thomas Turkey Trot. It was a beautiful day on the beach. We enjoyed Thanksgiving dinner with our branch. It was delicious.


On Friday, we decided we wanted to do our own Thanksgiving feast. I made pecan pie for Chris, which turned out being my favorite thing from the day. Delicious. Chris wanted to make duck for the dinner. It was an adventure. It ended up being yummy. I preferred my turkey breast, but Chris loved his duck. We invited the Reece family to join us for the feast. Ashley and Colt have an adorable little girl Madi who is 3 weeks older than Oliver. It's fun to have friends here in the same boat as we are. 










It was a great Thanksgiving. We are so blessed, especially to have our little Oliver this year. He's pretty much the sweetest thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment