Monday, November 14, 2011

Wedding, yoga, etc.

What a lovely weekend it was.  I'm grateful for weekends to spend with Choco.  This one was especially nice.  Friday, we went to our friends', Jacob and Sheliese, wedding.  The Draper temple was lovely, and it was special to be there.  The reception was that night with delicious food and some fun company.  Our table seemed to be full of kids, but we had a great time with them.

Saturday, Choco worked and I slept in.  Then I worked in the afternoon.  We had an Indian night for our date at home.  This included chicken curry, which was delicious thanks to a curry packet we bought at Buy Low.  I found this yoga DVD at the library this week.  It is partner yoga, so we did some yoga together.  It was entertaining.  Luckily no one was around to see us because we are not too skilled, but it was fun.  The twisting triangle was my least favorite move.  We did the tree pretty well and also I don't know what it is called but you basically do a wall sit back to back.  Our thighs were burning, but we were pretty good.  Overall, we laughed a lot, didn't hurt ourselves too badly, and decided yoga may not be our calling.  It was a memorable evening together.

Sunday, we finally got to do our new church calling of ward librarians.  I'm excited for it and to meet wonderful people in the ward by handing them chalk and erasers or crayons, etc.  The rest of Sunday, we just relaxed, ate some crock pot pork stew (which was my first time cooking in the crock pot and was delicious!), took a nap, ate some home-made rolls, and enjoyed being together.  I love Sundays to have some time to cook.  All together, lovely lovely weekend.  Which makes it a bit harder to come back to Monday and a busy week with lots of assignment due, but life is so good.

Thanksgiving is next week!!!  I am so excited to eat and be the fam.  So great.  And especially for cold-turkey sandwiches (my fav from the holiday).

No comments:

Post a Comment