Monday, October 17, 2011

Lost and found sale

This past Saturday we decided to go to the BYU lost and found sale at the Wilk for a little adventure.  It did turn out to be quite the fun time.  People were a bit crazy trying to search for the best items off the tables.  They staff even gave us a list of rules before we could go into the ballroom, which included no running, etc. Apparently, people wait for hours, maybe even camp out for this sale.  We decided at 8:40 while we were just waking up that we should be there.

It was quite entertaining seeing people in action and find mode.  Also, the unique items that people lose were interesting.  People loose things from their pants to their iPods, from shoes to TVs. 
Weirdest item of the morning: a rubber snake.  Yes, we refrained from purchasing it.  But we did find some nice, cheap things.  Choco found a couple of clothing items.  I must confess I found most of my interest in books!

Who can say no to a 50 cent children's book?  Not I.  Loved our adventure and am excited for children to read the books to.  For now, I just read them aloud to my husband.  He's a trooper.

Also, just a side note. I have new hair!!  I got it cut a couple of weeks ago and I love my fresh new do.  Here's a picture from the Highland-Poky game.  We got to go home for the weekend to Pocatello to see Park play.  He is the best and such a man with his 'summer of Samson' hair.  His hair is longer than mine, which is a bit strange I must confess.
With my wonderful grandparents.
love my mom!

1 comment:

  1. sounds like a fun time and some great fines. you need to get chris to model his finds. hee hee. love your hair. love parker's hair. it was great to see you guys. xoxo

    ReplyDelete