Sunday, October 2, 2011

Camping and Conference

Last weekend we had a little adventure trying camping out for the first time together.  It was a... memorable and good learning experience. We didn't have a tent.  Sleeping in the car was not the best idea.  It was a bit uncomfortable and freezing.  That morning in trying to start the campfire, I had a little accident and singed some of my hair and right eyelash.  It was funny, but my hair smelled so terrible!  I learned to be more careful when around or starting the fire.  Overall, though it was a good weekend getaway with my hubby.  We had enormous and delicious smores, which are my favorite part of camping.

My HUGE smore with 'giant roaster' marshmallows

Messy from smores and fire

love it


our morning 'hike'. it was sunny, obviously from Choco's face.
you can also kind of see my singed hair :(


Creepy skeleton we saw while walking around.
It was lovely scenery with changing colors of the trees.
I love Autumn!


That Saturday, Tia Teresa invited me to come to dinner and the general relief society meeting with her and family.  It was fun to have a ladies night out.  The food and meeting were both so great! 

Yesterday, we had the blessing of going to Salt Lake to watch the morning and afternoon sessions in the conference center with Choco's mom and dad, Tia Laura, Marcela, and Jamir and Amy.  I love conference!  It was so good to be there.  Today, Choco and I just stayed home and watched conference here.  We Thank Thee O God for a Prophet!!  and all the other general authorities and their messages.  What a blessing to learn and refocus our lives. 




Here are some pics from the wedding day.  The Houghtons were so fabulous!  Thank you Holly :)
the Lopez family

the Thomas clan

So funny

one of my favorites


mom and daddy-o

No comments:

Post a Comment