Monday, August 15, 2011

Big Weekend

It was an exciting and eventful weekend.  Friday morning Chris drove up from Provo because I went to the temple Friday afternoon in Idaho Falls.  It was beautiful and a special experience.  I'm so excited to go back again and again.  I love my family so much and were so grateful some of them could be there with me.  It is a huge blessing to be surrounded by some of the people you love in the house of the Lord.  What a blessing!!

I was especially excited to see my best friend Rach in the temple.  I love her.  Feels like only yesterday when we were little girls jumping on the tramp together.  I'm so grateful for her amazing example and for the blessing of such an incredible friend. 

Also, I love love love my husband-to-be.  He truly is so amazing.  I'm so lucky to be loved by him. 
Only 12 days!



 


After the temple, we ate a delicious lunch at Johnny Carinos.  Can you say yummy?!  I love the bread and dipping garlic and olive oil especially.  Then we ran to Macy's and Dillard's in IF, bought a pair of shoes to wear with my wedding dress faster than I have ever bought shoes before, and sped back to Pocatello.  I had a hair appointment, and Chris and I ran home to change into our attire for pictures.  Amazing Holly is our photographer.  I love her, and we had such a good time taking some pictures Friday night.  It was so exciting to wear my dress for its debut.  I forgot my new shoes in mom's car, which was silly but it ended up working just fine.  We even took some cute barefoot pictures. Chris looks fabulous in his wedding attire as well.  Pictures to come.  I'm excited to see them!  

Saturday, my amazing lady friends and family threw me a bridal shower.  It was so fun to see and chat with people.  Everyone is supportive and generous.  Thank you all!!  Delicious food + great company + cute decor + lots of women = A party!  It was so fun.  



Fabulous friends!  I was so happy they could all come!  Love you all.

Joni and Gram
 

I was so happy Katie could come up!  I love my cousin.
 
The party planners



Choco made an appearance near the end of the shower. He is so sweet and a charmer.  I love him!  I especially love
his engineer mind.  Some of his answers to questions included 70% of questions I would get correct or on the number of dates we've been on he gave Rach an equation.  My civil engineer.
  
 Overall it was a beautiful weekend with the people I love.

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad I was able to make it to the temple and everything! It was so great to be there! You are going to be a gorgeous bride!! I love you!

    ReplyDelete