Monday, August 11, 2014

11 months

Our boy is now 11 months. Before we know it, we will have a one year old on our hands! It has been such a splendid 11 months with this sweetest boy. We love him too much for words.

At 11 months Oliver:
-Makes all sorts of noises. I love his growling. He talks with his tongue still (la, la). He makes a variety of other sounds too. He's kind of a screamer sometimes, out of excitement or a range of other emotions. He is quite vocal and we love to hear him talk, except maybe during church. He has also clicked his tongue a little bit recently.

-Loves to be chased. I say, "I'm gonna get you" as I chase after him and he laughs/screams out of excitement. It's my favorite game with him.

-Is getting closer to walking and has taken a couple of steps, but mostly he's a speed crawler. He does walk along things and will walk quite well with a hand held. He's getting good at standing by himself. I'm sure some walking will be taking place soon.

-Has 8 teeth now, 4 on top and 4 on bottom. He got the last four while we were in Pocatello. We love his grins.

-Is still eating like a champ. He has been trying to escape from his high chair a little bit, which is obviously problematic. He still loves fruit, especially grapes and blueberries. He ate a tomato the other day like an apple, so apparently he loves tomatoes. He often wants bites of whatever we're eating. We love his chomping noises.
-Loves his papa. A lot. It's so sweet. They play and laugh and wrestle and have so much fun.

-Is wanting to climb now, thanks to his papa. He tries to climb up him and other things. It stresses this mama out, but so far we haven't had anything too scary yet.

-Still is curious as ever.  He's such an explorer, and prefers to be entertained with "regular" things not his toys. He does like playing with balls though. He throws a tennis ball quite well.

-Has started dancing a little bit, which is mostly a bounce. I love his moves.

-Claps his hands after eating often. Yay for food!

-Loves to read Spot books and his a professional at lifting up the flaps. He also has really been liking Now I Eat my ABCs, which has the letters spelled out with food. He still loves his big animal book, especially when I make noises for the animals.

-Loves to bang on things, including my face. We've been trying to work on being soft, but I don't think he's got the idea yet.

-Does a little eyebrow raise occasionally that I'm crazy about. I love his little looks.

-Is a beautiful and happy boy that brings us so much joy!











No comments:

Post a Comment