Sunday, November 4, 2012

Mrs. Frizzle for a day

Happy November!
It is crazy Halloween has come and gone. Before we know it Thanksgiving will be here and then of course the splendid Christmas. What a wonderful time of year!

For the past couple of weeks I have been in Practicum. So everyday, I get to go to Riverton Elementary and spend most of the day with some adorable 1st Graders. It is a joy to be around such sweet kids and work on my teaching skills. Halloween, as we all know, is just the best in elementary school and this year was no exception. All of the kids dressed up, so of course I had to as well.  

I decided on Mrs. Frizzle. So when I was home in Pocatello last weekend my momma helped me put some planets on one of my dresses. Aunt Teresa was the sweetest and consented to helping me put sponge curlers in my hair on Tuesday night. I think it turned out pretty great. The kids called me Mrs. Frizzle all day long. We had a parade, party, a little writing lesson on Halloween, and pumpkin estimating and counting/measuring. So school was great. 
my wonderful momma


I look like an old lady :)

right after curlers were out

combed out a bit

there we go



Last week was exhausting with lack of sleep trying to finish up some big projects for my evening classes, but I made it through. This week will be better and with more sleep (hopefully). 

So Park and I went home last weekend because he went through the temple! What a sweet man he is. It was a special experience to be in the temple with him and my family, minus Choco :(. What a wonderful missionary Uganda is getting in February. I'm impressed with the strong and faithful young man Park is becoming. He's so grown up. He is a great student, a hard worker, and just a solid guy. I sure do love him and am so proud of him. What a blessing it is to have him in Provo to keep me company. He is simply great.
siblings

Elder Thomas





In other news, my husband will return on Saturday at 9:05 am. I am terribly excited! What a blessing it will be to have him home. Just counting down the days and hours and minutes. 

2 comments:

  1. I love your costume! You're the perfect Ms Frizzle :)
    It was so fun to be at the temple with you guys. Parkie will be a wonderful missionary! Crazy our little brothers are missionaries!
    And I'm so happy for you that choco will be home soon! Love you Mare!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Rach! Thanks so much. You're the best. I'm excited for our Breaking Dawn Part 2 Date!! Love you too. Have a wonderful week.

      Delete